We recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the software, services, information, tools, features and functionality available on the Services offered by Blink or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and covers how PII that Blink collects and receives, including in respect of any use of the Services, is treated. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us using the contact details published on our Services or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. When you subscribe to the Services or otherwise during the Account creation process, we ask you for personal information, including full name, email address, professional affiliation and other information you may provide.
- User Communications. When you send an email or other communication to Blink, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send you push notifications to send you news and updates in respect of the Services. We may also send you newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by unsubscribing in the link provided in such communications.
- Aggregated and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, Blink often conducts research on its users demographics, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and Blink may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Blink may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- User Activity. When you use the Services, we may automatically receive and record technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services and information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your search activity, session times, impressions, pages visited, online/offline status, IP address, internet service provider, type of browser, regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes, unique device identifier, advertising identifier and location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location). An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. Blink uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
2. Cookies; web beacons and third party processors.
In order to collect the data described herein, support your login and identify you, we may use temporary cookies that remain on your device for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your device until manually removed in the settings of your device/browser, in order to manage and maintain the services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers or devices may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if and when an email has been opened and acted upon. We also use third party tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons and various third party providers to process and analyze your PII, profile end user activities and provide targeted ads, including without limitation tracking your use of the Services and third party services and sites.
Links to other services, sites and applications may be provided by Blink as a convenience to our users. Blink is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites and applications and you visit them at your own risk. This privacy statement applies solely to PII collected by us.
If you are a minor under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. Blink will not knowingly contact or engage with minors under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
5. Information Sharing.
As part of providing the Services and/or generating and processing analytics, our affiliates, agents representatives and third party providers may have access to your PII. Blink may also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; (b) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets (which sale may be to an entity registered or incorporated in a different jurisdiction than Blink); and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including the Terms of Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof. We further note that the Service’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use Requirements.
6. Information Security.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
7. Data Integrity, Accessing and Updating Personal Information.
Blink processes PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy or any applicable service agreements. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the PII needed to provide or improve our Services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their PII whenever necessary. Nothing in this policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
8. Your Rights.
- Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate, complete or updated. However we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portability.
- You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to email@example.com.
- Right to Request Information on Transfers. You have the right to request certain details of the basis on which your PII is transferred outside the European Economic Area. Please be aware that certain information relating to such transfers may be partially redacted or restricted due to data transfer agreements or reasons relating to commercial confidentiality.
- Right to Lodge Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII.
Blink regularly reviews its compliance with this policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this policy or our treatment of PII by contacting us as provided above. When we receive formal written complaints it is Blink's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of PII that cannot be resolved between Blink and an individual.
Blink may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat PII by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by placing a prominent notice on the Services. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information about our privacy practices.
11. Consent To Processing.
By providing any PII to us pursuant to this policy, all users, including, without limitation, users in the United States, Israel and member states of the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to this policy and to the collection and processing of such PII abroad. The server on which the Services are hosted and/or through which the Services are processed may be outside the country from which you access the Services and may be outside your country of residence. Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this policy may involve the transfer of your PII to various countries around the world that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By submitting your PII through the Services, you consent, acknowledge, and agree that we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose your PII as described in this policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Services.
If you have any questions about this policy or concerns about the way we process your PII, please contact us using the contact details published on our Services. If you wish to delete all information regarding your use of the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Blink who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Blink does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Updated: December 15, 2022.